Map browser map materials are generated from JS Baltija program map, which, in the server versio, is updated at least once a year. Map browser contains the following maps:
- Plans of Tallinn, all towns of Latvia and plans of the biggest towns in Lithuania in scale from 1:10 000 to 1:25 000.
- 21 Latvian district maps in scale 1:100 000 and particular territory maps.
- The topographic map in scale 1:50 000 and ortofoto map in scale 1:10 000 from Latvian Geospatial Information Agency.
- Road map of Latvia and Lithuania in scale 1:200 000.
- Baltic overview maps in scale from 1:500 000 to 1:2 000 000.
- Europe overview map in scale 1:3 500 000.
Database search engine
Map browser has an option of object search entering its name in the search engine. Standard model allows searching for:
- administrative divisions,
- streets of towns in Latvia,
- addreses in Latvia and Lithuania.
- Map imaging.
- Mapping of object data base.
- Distance measurement.
- Routing in Baltic states.
- Geooreference of object data base.
- Creating of your own data base.
- Public transportation schemes in Riga.
- Possibility to bond it with other data base systems.
Option of displaying your own database
Users can display their own object data base on the map. Objects should be linked to coordinates in LKS-92 coordinate system. It is possible to add an icon for its displaying on the map, add a link for more information and short descriptive information, which appears in the flouting window moving cursor of the mouse over the chosen object.
Map browser operates using the following internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer,
- Mozilla Firefox,